We are currently looking for a exceptionally talented Java Developer to help us meet the challenges of continued growth. We’re seeking a high calibre individual with enthusiasm, a strong intellect, attention to detail and good interpersonal skills.
Realtime Despatch is a leading supplier of order processing and warehouse management software for the eCommerce industry. Our ‘OrderFlow’ product is a software platform provided either through a software licence or in hosted SaaS environment, and is based on cutting edge utilisation of leading Java-based and open source technologies.
As a member of a small team, you will have the opportunity to make a real difference in a growing company in an expanding market. You will work on structured software development projects, but also be directly involved in providing solutions to customers.
This post provides the right individual with a tremendous opportunity for professional development.
A full, structured training programme will provide a detailed introduction into the OrderFlow architecture, technologies and support processes that we use.
Competitive, subject to experience.
25 days holiday plus a contributory pension.
As the company grows you will be offered the opportunity to develop your career in line with your strengths and aspirations. We will support you in your career development and encourage you to pursue external training and accreditation where appropriate.
We are looking for:
- Some experience working in a structured commercial software development environment.
- A passion for developing high quality software and learning new skills.
- A willingness to take responsibility solving practical problems that in a way that delights our customers.
- A desire to engage with end-users and customer technical teams to deliver practical results.
- Excellent intellectual ability and problem solving skills, with an ability to handle complex abstract concepts.
- A graduate, preferably 2.1 or above in subjects demonstrating an aptitude for software development.
You must have:
- Knowledge of Java, SQL, XML and web technologies.
- Familiarity with key open source Java frameworks such as Spring and Hibernate.
- Competence in using key supporting software, such as version control and issue tracker systems.
It would be nice but not required for you to have:
- Confidence working with Linux and MySQL.
- Experience with any of the following technologies: Jasper Reports, Groovy, Ant, Jetty, FreeMarker.
- Experience working with any warehouse management system or e-commerce platforms.
Realtime Despatch Software Ltd. is a small, friendly and dynamic software house that specialises in the development of web-based order processing & warehouse management systems for large e-commerce businesses and 3rd party fulfilment houses. We punch above our weight with some sizeable, well-known customers, including The Edinburgh Woollen Mill, Peacocks, 7 Day Shop, MedicAnimal, The Protein Works and ProFS.
After eight years of development, our ‘OrderFlow’ warehouse management system is now a well-established, highly configurable enterprise platform that continues to mature. Having grown steadily over the last few years, the business is now entering a period of rapid growth. Our software regularly processes thousands of orders daily, including over 100,000 over the ‘Black Friday’ weekend alone.
We aim to provide the most powerful, compelling warehouse management system available to growing e-commerce businesses.
The role will be based in our development office in Woodbridge (IP12 1FA).
Customer visits are an important part of the role but are unlikely to be required more than two or three times a month.
No agencies please.