We are currently looking for a exceptionally talented Java Developer to help us meet the challenges of continued growth. We’re seeking a high calibre individual with enthusiasm, a strong intellect, attention to detail and good interpersonal skills.
As a member of a small customer-facing team, you will provide the technical leadership to the support team to assist them in the delivery of complex technical solutions to our customers. The role will require you to become the technical lead within the support team and to deliver the bespoke development work required within our customer environments.
This post provides the right individual with a tremendous opportunity for professional development.
A full, structured training programme will provide a detailed introduction into the OrderFlow architecture, technologies and support processes that we use.
Competitive, subject to experience.
25 days holiday plus a contributory pension.
As the company grows you will be offered the opportunity to develop your career in line with your strengths and aspirations. We will support you in your career development and encourage you to pursue external training and accreditation where appropriate.
We are looking for:
- A passion for providing quality customer oriented solutions to technically challenging problems.
- Experience working in a structured commercial software development environment.
- A willingness to take responsibility for solving practical problems and delivering quality solutions that delight our customers.
- A desire to engage with end-users and customer technical teams to deliver practical results.
- Excellent intellectual ability and problem solving skills, with an ability to handle complex abstract concepts.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. A good communicator, both internally and with our customers.
You must have:
- Knowledge of Java, Eclipse, SQL, XML and web technologies.
- Ability to quickly become familiar with complex application architectures and domains.
- The ability to apply your technical understanding to deliver high quality solutions to customers.
- Competence in using key supporting software, such as version control and issue tracker systems.
It would be nice but not required for you to have:
- Confidence working with Linux and MySQL.
- Experience with any of the following technologies: Jasper Reports, Groovy, Ant, Jetty, FreeMarker.
- Experience working with any warehouse management system or e-commerce platforms.
Realtime Despatch Software Ltd. is a small, friendly and dynamic software house that specialises in the development of web-based order processing & warehouse management systems for large e-commerce businesses and 3rd party fulfilment houses. We punch above our weight with some sizeable, well-known customers, including The Edinburgh Woollen Mill, Peacocks, 7 Day Shop, MedicAnimal, The Protein Works and ProFS.
After eight years of development, our ‘OrderFlow’ warehouse management system is now a well-established, highly configurable enterprise platform that continues to mature. Having grown steadily over the last few years, the business is now entering a period of rapid growth. Our software regularly processes thousands of orders daily, including over 100,000 over the ‘Black Friday’ weekend alone.
We aim to provide the most powerful, compelling warehouse management system available to growing e-commerce businesses.
The role will be based in our head office in Chippenham (SN15 1EQ).
Customer visits are an important part of the role but are unlikely to be required more than two or three times a month.
No agencies please.